Friday, March 20, 2009

Greetings froom Kuala Lumpur, and a glimpse of Singapore

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, en route to Bali. We should be out exploring the city, or at the very least the gardens nearby our hotel but I can't bring myself to budge. Any efforts I make today will be to eat or have a massage. At the moment I don't even want to do either of those things; it's great to relax after some hectic travel days and just "be." I night feel differently if I didn't have such a remarkable view of both the city and the hillside from the 23rd floor of the Hilton. Thanks to Expedia - cheap price, amazing room. Paris won't be buying any Gucci handbags with what we paid!
I assume that this will be the last blog entry for a week or two, since internet access in Bali will be sporatic. So I'm just going to post some snapshots from our walk to Singapore's Chinatown - was that really only yesterday? My favorite moment of the day was late dinner at a Thai restaurant noting the sounds: The Carpenters on the radio barely audible beneath the chatter of many languages in the dining room, and night prayers wafting from the mosque across the street.

Gods and goddesses at the Sri Mariamman Temple
(So far, three people have suggested that I Photoshop my head into this photo and have it be my holiday card this year):



A tense game of Chinese chess...at least for two out of three guys:



Legs and a cigarette:



A few of the 10,000 Buddhas in the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple (Really!):



Incence at the Buddhist temple:



Singapore Explorer:

1 comment:

  1. Cool photos - glad your trip is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It's always good to hear what you have to say.