Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bali-bound, and an homage to travel in the 50s





Today begins another adventure in travel, a photographic expedition to Bali. On the way, we have overnight stops in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur with enough time to explore a neighborhood or two in each place. I've packed my camera gear many times for trips such as this, but each time I do I start the process from scratch. How many photo cards should I bring? How many photos, realistically, will I take? What lenses do I really need? Should I take my tripod?
Can never have too many
Thousands
Wide angle, zoom and macro
Yes

We will be visiting our friends Stacey and Rob from Arcangelo Productions. It's always an adventure spending time with Stacey. Although Ive only known her for a couple of years, she could easily have been that grade school friend who made me laugh uncontrollably in church and hiked her uniform skirt up an inch when the nuns weren't looking.

Today I'm going to post some photos that I stumbled across yesterday. These were taken near Pie Town in New Mexico, and are an homage to a very different era of travel. 

1 comment:

  1. Safe journey! Hope you'll be posting from time to time from the road. Can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It's always good to hear what you have to say.