Monday, March 1, 2010

The Ice Queen


Last summer, St. Francis lost his head. I replaced it with an oversized doll head and left it on the back deck where it tolerated the season changes. (See "Making Art from a Mishap" - Tuesday, August 18, 2009). For the past few weeks she has been encased in ice, and as it slowly thaws she reveals her features once again.

No surprise, this inspires me to think towards next winter when I could line up several dolls for an icy installation. Instead of setting up lights for a shoot, a task that takes less than an hour, I'd have to wait (weeks, maybe months!) for Mother Nature to supply the effect. Oh, I do so love to anticipate!

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing that and thinking it was the coolest thing ever! Love this image -- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love how the ice is only on half of her face. Cool, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It's always good to hear what you have to say.