Saturday, March 6, 2010

Seeing Red




This morning, I woke up thinking about the color red. Maybe I was singing "Red Red Wine" to myself. Or perhaps "Red Rubber Ball," "Lady in Red" or "Red Roses for a Blue Lady." More likely, it was "My gal is red hot, your gal ain't diddly squat..."

The color red, the longest discernible wavelength of light, is associated with anger, passion and love. Most people have definite opinions about the color red. For instance, I would never wear red nail polish, but my hair is a dozen shades of red. A friend thinks my hair is "too arty" for her but she has a room painted red.

With red in mind, I found some favorite red-themed photographs to share.

Above is "The Man with the Red Turban" taken in Rajasthan, India.

"The Red Polka-Dotted Skirt" was taken at Millennium Park, in Chicago:





This house, in Okemos, has been for sale for a very, very, very long time:





Recognize the logo on the left? This was taken outside of Acapulco, Mexico:





This little girl adores her abuela who happens to be artist Josefina Aguilar. This was taken at their home in Octolan, Mexico outside of Oaxaca:





This young monk, in Luang Prabang, Laos, was curious about my red hair:





JoJo, one of my less scary doll photos:





Stigmata, on a statue in Cortona, Italy:

1 comment:

  1. These are smashing, Jane! I remember long ago when I was a member of camera club, they always said "when possible, try to get at least a touch of red!" And really, when you look at a lot of things together, it really makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It's always good to hear what you have to say.