Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tree



Yesterday while driving to Mason, the quaint little county seat about ten miles south of where I live, I soaked up the agrarian landscape. Vast fields of swaying corn were interrupted by an occasional silo, farmhouse or barn. The sky was moody; the sun would shine brightly for awhile then hide behind clouds that warned of stormy weather.

And then I noticed this one, segregated tree. Athough alone, it didn't seem lonely. What an honored position to be in, I thought.

Perhaps I'll go back there often, at different times of day, various weather conditions and in each season to document this tree until I leave beautiful Michigan.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the old oak tree in the middle of the field behind the house I grew up in (in Mason) out in the country. Sometimes I would wander back there as a boy... it seemed a long way from the house (though it really wasn't) and I would sit under it and get lost in my own thoughts. It was a nice respite from the tiny farm house full of 6 siblings, my two parents, and multiple pets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a fun photo study. I bet it's beautiful in autumn... all alone out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One photograph. And I want to come home and see a MI summer!

    Know that I follow your doings. I am so happy to be in a cyber relationship with you. Even if I'm a very silent partner.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It's always good to hear what you have to say.